The local area
The peaceful setting of Crook within the Gilpin Valley is made even more special by the 72 acres of private woodland that surrounds this historic inn with rooms, just a short drive from Windermere.
Explore the area with a well-stocked picnic hamper in hand and soak up the most heavenly scenery as the children scamper through the woods looking for the elusive wild deer.
Being so close to Windermere, there are endless things to do during your stay The Wild Boar, from exploring the magnificent lakes and fells, to water sports and cultural tours of the main attractions. Visit the World of Beatrix Potter and Wordsworth’s House or throw yourself into an aerial woodland adventure at Brockhole Visitor Centre.
- Listed in Best Hotels in The Lake District: The Telegraph (2016)
- Conference facilities for up to 35 delegates
- Free access to nearby leisure facilities
- Private dining for up to 20 people
- Day Delegate rate from: £30.00 + VAT
- 24 Hour Delegate Rate from: £99.00 + VAT for single occupancy
Submit your review
Great food too in their Smokehouse and Grill